With nothing planned on the day and the Tigers playing at Disney, husband and I decided to take in one last game before the team heads north. And, because y’all seem to love pictures (hi, Google Image search hits!) and the suspense of whether or not Inge will be on the roster is giving me tics, this is going to be mainly a picture post. I’m figuring you guys are okay with that. Also, honestly, there’s not a whole lot to say at this point in the spring, especially after Verlander goes out and pitches exactly like Verlander and the game gets called in the 7th due to torrential downpour and thunder. A few quick bullets:
– Verlander did, indeed, pitch like Verlander, and I don’t think he’d hit his pitch count yet when the game ended in the 7th. With the exception of a ball that was hit to the center field wall, none of the Braves hit anything particularly hard off him. Hooray!
– Every game I catch, Avila looks like he’s having so much fun. I’m glad he’s adjusted so smoothly to being a daily, All-Star catcher. Prince seems like he’s having an equally good time. When I got to the park, the two of them were cracking each other up and chattering away while stretching.
– Jackson got on base, stole second immediately, and came into score later. It was nice to see this work out exactly as we want it to on paper before my very eyes. Please keep doing this, Austin!
– Thomas absolutely killed a ball over the deep right field wall. It was a thing of beauty, and probably didn’t hurt his chances of making the roster. This whole Dirks/Worth/Thomas/Inge madness is going right down to the wire, folks.
– Balester came up to sign autographs and people started yelling “Mister Fister!” trying to get his attention. “I’m not Fister” he sighed diplomatically. And, really, now that I look at them, Balester is pretty much a scruffy Fister.